I know what you’re thinking… chocolate salami sounds absolutely rank.
Trust me, IT’S NOT.
First of all, there’s not a single morsel of meat in it, so don’t worry.
Second, it’s made entirely of chocolate, so you’re welcome. 🙂
Chocolate salami is an Italian and Portuguese dessert made from only a few ingredients, the main one being dark chocolate… mmmmm… chocolatteeee. And for all of you booze lovers it’s also got a cheeky splash of amaretto in it. BOOZE AND CHOCOLATE!! What more could you want??
So here’s your ingredients:
So you may have noticed that I crossed out eggs… now I do love eggs but just not in an uncooked, raw dessert… =/ If you want to put eggs in to bind the mixture, do so at your own risk!
And now for the recipe…
- Cut up the butter into cubes and let it soften on it’s own
- Melt the chocolate bain-marie style, if you’ve not got a glass bowl like me just whack it in a VERY CLEAN pan on a VERY LOW heat and guard it with your life.
- Break up your biscuits with a heavy object… A wine bottle is perfect and I’m sure that many of you have a few spare lying around the house 😉 .
- Once the butter has softened work it through with a spoon and then add the sugar.
- Add the melted chocolate and amaretto to the butter and sugar and mix through.
- Add the broken biscuits to the mixture
- Put the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes so that it hardens slightly and becomes malleable.
So after 10 minutes in fridge, the mixture should still be soft enough to be scooped but hard enough to be moulded. So place a sheet of baking paper on the counter to catch the goopy goodness of your mixture. Now this next step is extremely important so pay close attention….
Scoop the mixture onto the baking paper so that it looks like (apologies for this next analogy but it was the only one I could make..), so that it looks like someone has just taken a massive dump on your kitchen counter, like so…
Seriously what other analogy could I have made???
A now in the words of Limp Bizkit “just keep rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ rollin’“
Carefully role the little turd over with the baking paper until it resembles a salami rather than a foreign body. Roll it, roll it and roll it again until it’s completely covered in the baking paper and twist the ends. Then add a second sheet and repeat the process, like this…
Pop it in the fridge for a few hours until it completely solidifies. Once it’s hard enough, unwrap it and cut it into bite-size slices and enjoy with a mug of something warm and fuzzy
Et voilà!!! – not a turd in sight hehe
Work that hob and Walk unfraid people 🙂