Beans beans they’re good for your heart…
The more you eat, the more you……
You know the rest!!
So here’s a quick recipe that I sometimes make when I’m getting a bit bored of pasta or I’m a bit home sick. There’s nothing like a big steaming pile of beans on top of some buttery toast with a chunk of cheddar grated on top to make you feel like home…
Only problem is, is that in South Italy Heinz baked beans are somewhat of a myth… found only by the lucky few, hidden at the back of overstuffed shelves in the Indian shops that are sparsely dotted around Italian cities, it’s kind of a like finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. So to tackle this problem I’ve started to make beans on toast with an Italian twist, it’s just as tasty, it’s not as radioactive as good old heinz and it takes 10 minutes to make.
- Can of cannellini beans
- 1 onion
- 1 peperoncino
- pinch of parsely
- half a clove of garlic
- pecorino/parmesan cheese
- Thick cut bread
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and peperoncino.
- Pour some olive oil into a pan and add the onion, garlic and peperoncino.
- Let the onions sweat for 5 minutes until soft and then add the beans.
- Cook the beans for 5 minutes on a high heat and add the parsley.
- Pop the bread under the grill untils it’s golden
- Serve the beans over a few slices of thick cut bread and sprinkle some grated Parmesan on top.
And there you have it, Italian beans on toast in 10 minutes!
Work that hob and Walk unafraid people!