This is without a doubt, the easiest pasta dish in the world!!!
You only need two ingredients (three if you wanna make it fancy) and it takes less than 10 minutes.
Your only ingredient for the sauce (obviously) is pesto. Now if you wanna get all Jamie Oliver about it you can make your own pesto. You’d need garlic, a ton of basil, pine nuts and some seriously good quality olive oil. Whack it all in a pestle and mortar and grind the hell out of it.
OR… if you live in the real world and don’t have hours to spend grinding your own pastes and sauces, you can just buy a pot of fresh made pesto like this…
Quality preprepared pesto really doesn’t taste that much different – just make sure it’s fresh!!!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 200g spaghetti
- 1 pot of fresh pesto
- a handful of walnuts
- a sprinkle of parmeggiano (optional)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, salt the water and add the spaghetti.
- Boil the spaghetti for 6-8 mins.
- When the spaghetti is al dente, drain in a colander and catch the pasta water in a cup underneath.
- Put the spaghetti back in the pan (off the heat) and add the pesto.
- Stir in the pesto and add a little bit of pasta water to loosen the sauce.
- Serve with some crushed walnuts on top and a sprinkle of parmeggiano.
And there you have it! Spaghetti al pesto!!
Work that hob and Walk unafraid people!!