If you’re a cheese lover who’s pressed for time, this next recipe will be perfect for you!
Gnocchi al gorgonzola is mega speedy thanks to the fresh gnocchi and it’s so cheesy and creamy that it just melts in your mouth.
Gnocchi are little pasta balls made from potato, flour and eggs. They’re usually made by hand but if you haven’t got the time you can pick up a fresh bag from any supermarket. And because they’re fresh they only take 2 minutes to cook so the only thing that takes the time is the sauce!!!
So try your hand at the recipe below for a super scrumptious and super speedy dinner.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- In a frying pan, SLOWLY heat up the milk on a low-medium heat
- While the milk is heating, bring a saucepan of water to the boil.
- Cut up the gorgonzola into chunks and add to the milk, stir it slowly until the gorgonzola melts.
- Chop up the walnuts into pieces and add half of them to the milk and cheese
- Once the gorgonzola has melted and the sauce has thickened, it’s time to cook the gnocchi. So salt the water, add the gnocchi and boil for 2/3 minutes.
- When all the gnocchi have risen to the surface, they’re ready. So drain them in a colander and save a cup of the pasta water.
- Add the gnocchi to the cheese sauce and stir – add some pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
- Put the butter in at the end to make your sauce extra silky and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a glass of red wine and crumble the rest of the walnuts over the top for decoration.
And there you have it! Gnocchi al gorgonzola!!!