Tagliatelle ai funghi is pasta with mushrooms in English… I know funghi sounds like fungus, it’s a wee bit gross but when you’re making Italian food you’ve gotta go with the Italian lingo 🙂
So this is another super speedy recipe that requires only a few basic ingredients. You gotta hand it to the Italians, they do it simple, but they do it well!!
But before we get to the recipe, let’s just recap some of those all important pasta rules! The less ingredients you have in a pasta dish, the more important the pasta rules become!!
Rule 1: NEVER boil your pasta for more than 10 minutes, boil it for at least 2 minutes less than what it says on the packet.
Rule 2: ALWAYS salt the water, the pasta will soak up the salt while it boils and take in the flavour
Rule 3: ALWAYS check to see if the pasta is al dente. If the pasta’s mushy – you’ve ruined it.
Rule 4: ALWAYS save a cup of the pasta water when you drain the pasta – this becomes the base of your sauce.
Rule 5: ALWAYS bring your pasta TO the sauce. NEVER EVER EVER plop your sauce onto a pile of pasta…. the sauce and pasta need “marry one another”
Okay so are we all clear on the rules??? ….Good. Lets get started 🙂
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 200g tagliatelle pasta
- 200g mushrooms
- half a clove of garlic
- a knob of butter
- a big chunk of gorgonzola cheese
- a splash of milk
- a handful of parsley
- a pinch of salt and a splash of olive oil
- a handful of walnuts (optional)
- Finely slice the mushrooms and chop the parsley and garlic.
- Put a splash of oil and the butter in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the mushrooms and garlic and half of the parsley.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and salt it.
- When the mushrooms have softened, put the tagliatelle in the boiling water and boil for 6-8 minutes.
- While the pasta is boiling, crumble the gorgonzola into the frying pan with the mushrooms and add the milk, stir slowly and continuously until the gorgonzola has melted.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and save a cup of the pasta water.
- Add the pasta to the frying pan with a little pasta water and stir.
- Add the rest of the parsley at the end and stir once more
- Sprinkle over some crushed walnuts for decoration/garnish.
And there you have it!! Tagliatelle ai funghi!!
Work that hob and Walk unafraid people!!!