Now this is a fantastic one-pot dish for those lazy winter nights! It’s healthy, filling and takes next to no preparation!!
Salsicce (sausages) and fagioli (beans) come together to make a perfect stew that’ll leave you wanting more! And as always, it’s simple to make and incredibly inexpensive. So take a look below and give it a try! 🙂
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 250g sausages
- 1 large onion
- 1 can of borlotti beans
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- a splash of red wine
- a sprig of rosemary
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- a splash of olive oil
- Finely chop the onion and let it sweat in a pan with some olive oil.
- After the onions have softened, add the sausages and brown them on all sides.
- Add a splash of wine and cook for five minutes.
- Add the beans and cook for a further five minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, rosemary, salt and pepper and leave to simmer on a medium heat for 30-45 minutes – stir occasionally.
- Once the sauce thickens and becomes a stew, it’s ready!
So there you have it! Salsicce e fagioli!!
Work that hob and Walk unafraid people!!