One of the things I miss most about not having an oven is baking! 😦
I have an incredibly sweet tooth (chocolate is my weakness) and I used to bake so much that my flatmates couldn’t keep up with the amount of cakes flying out of the oven.
Now I have the opposite problem!
But thanks to my lovely boyfriend I have the solution….
For Christmas my boyfriend bought me a wonderful no-bake cookbook and I’ve finally got around to trying out a recipe. So take a look below and try it out yourself! 😀
WARNING: if you want to have cheesecake after dinner you’ll have to make it in the morning because it takes a few hours to set.
Ingredients (serves 8-12):
- 400g digestive biscuits
- 400g Philadelphia cheese
- 150g mascarpone cheese
- 3 sticks of butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 8 tbsp cherry jam
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 shot of amaretto liqueur
- 1 bag of almond flakes/whole almonds
For the base:
To make the biscuit base you’ll also need a ziplock bag, a rolling pin or a heavy object (I used an empty bottle of booze) and a cake tin.
- First you need to bash the biscuits, so put them into the ziplock bag and smash the life out of them with a rolling pin. * Make sure that there’s no air in the bag otherwise it will pop and you’ll have biscuits flying around your kitchen.
- Melt the butter in a pan on a low heat and once the biscuits are crumbly, add them to the pan and stir.
- When the biscuits have soaked up the butter, pour them into the cake tin and flatten out the mixture evenly to form the base.
For the topping:
For the topping you’ll just need a spoon and a mixing bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Philadephia, mascarpone and honey and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond extract and amaretto and stir through.
- Smooth the mixture onto the base until it’s even.
- Heat the jam in a pan until there are no lumps and let it cool for a few minutes after .
- Spoon the jam into the topping and swirl around to create a marbled effect.
- Sprinkle the almonds/almond flakes over the top for decoration.
- Put the cheesecake in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours .
And there you have it!! No-Bake Cherry Almond Cheesecake!!
Work that hob and Walk unafraid people!!