So this is a recipe for those of you with a sweet tooth!!
It’s creamy, silky and technically it’s healthy since it includes one of your five-a-day! 😉
Given that I love cakes but I’m “thermally challenged” due to my lack of an oven, I have to find other ways to satisfy my sugar cravings. And I’ve recently discovered the magic of No-Bake desserts, I was a bit wary at first but they really do work and they taste sooooooo good!!
So if you’ve got a spare hour on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon, give this recipe a go and you’ll be in cheesecake heaven!
Ingredients (serves 8-12):
- 400g digestive biscuits
- 400g Philadelphia cheese
- 150g mascarpone cheese
- 3 sticks of butter
- 3 tbsp of honey
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon for decoration
For the base:
To make the biscuit base you’ll also need a ziplock bag, a rolling pin or a heavy object (I used an empty bottle of booze) and a cake tin.
- First you need to bash the biscuits, so put them into the ziplock bag and smash the life out of them with a rolling pin. * Make sure that there’s no air in the bag otherwise it will pop and you’ll have biscuits flying around your kitchen.
- Melt the butter in a pan on a low heat and once the biscuits are crumbly, add them to the pan and stir.
- When the biscuits have soaked up the butter, pour them into the cake tin and flatten out the mixture evenly to form the base.
For the topping:
For the topping you’ll just need a mixing bowl, a wooden spoon and a sharp knife.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Philadelphia and mascarpone and stir until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and grate the lemon zest into the mixture and keep stirring.
- Add honey to taste (the more lemon juice you add, the more honey you will need).
- Spoon the mixture onto the base until it’s even.
- Finely slice the lemon and place the slices around the edge of the cake tin for decoration.
- Put in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
And there you have it!! No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake!!
Work that hob and Walk unafraid people!!