Just a quick one tonight folks!!
If you’re a bit peckish and haven’t got much in the fridge, this is perfect for you! It’s quick, filling and healthy but still packs a lot of flavour and is super easy to make.
Give the recipe a quick look over and try it for yourself!
Ingredients: ( makes 8-10 fritters)
- 2 big courgettes or zucchini
- a handful of parmesan cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 egg
- half a cup of flour
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Grate both of the courgettes into a large mixing bowl then, with your hands, squeeze out all of the excess liquid from the courgettes into the sink. (If there’s too much liquid in the courgettes your fritters won’t take shape).
- Finely chop the garlic and add to the courgettes along with the cheese, season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Crack the egg into the bowl and mix into the courgettes until you have a sticky mixture.
- To make the fritters take shape, we need to bind the flour with the egg so sift half of the flour into the bowl and then stir – make sure there are no lumps.
- Sprinkle the rest of the flour into the bowl and stir again, your mixture should be relatively solid with no excess water in the bowl.
- Now it’s time to shape those fritters, so take a tablespoon full of mixture in your hands, roll it into a ball and then flatten it against your palms. Repeat this step until all of the mixture is gone.
- Pour some olive oil into a frying pan on a high heat. Once the olive oil is sizzling you can start adding the fritters.
- Add them one by one and let them fry on one side for a few minutes until they’re golden brown, then flip them over and fry the other side for the same amount of time.
- Once they’re all nicely golden, you can eat them on their own as a snack or serve with some salad as a bigger meal.
And there you have it!! Zucchini Fritters!!
Work that Hob and Walk Unafraid people!