Finally!! I have time to (no-)bake!!
After a hectic couple of weeks back at work after Christmas, I had a lovely free Saturday afternoon, so I decided to make the best possible use of my time which can only mean one thing!!
Below you’ll find the recipe to a gorgeously silky smooth and rich Chocolate Mocha Caramel Cheesecake. It’ll take you a bit longer than the average cheesecake but it’s sooooooo worth it – because this cheesecake is way beyond average.
Take a look at the recipe and thank me later 😉
* DISCLAIMER – if you’re on a diet or watching your weight I can only apologise.
Ingredients: (serves 8)
For the main filling:
- 1 tub of cream cheese
- 1 tub of mascarpone
For the caramel mocha filling:
- 100g caster sugar
- half a cup of espresso coffee
- 200ml single cream
- a pinch of salt
- half a cup of water
For the chocolate swirls:
- 150g dark chocolate
- 50ml single cream
- 50g butter
- a teaspoon of honey
For the base:
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 125g butter
To make the base:
- Put all of the biscuits in a zip-lock bag and crush them with a rolling pin until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Put 125g butter in a pan and melt it down.
- Add the biscuits to the pan and mix until they are completely covered in butter.
- Put the mix into a cake tin and flatten down – leave to cool
To make the Caramel Mocha:
- Put the sugar and half a cup of water in a pan on a LOW HEAT and leave to caramelise – stir occasionally.
- Once you have a golden brown syrup, add the coffee. Stir well and leave to caramelise further.
- Once the sugar and caramel are mixed well together, take the pan OFF THE HEAT and slowly stir in the cream. Pour in the cream a bit at a time and stir well to make sure the cream doesn’t split.
- Once you have a smooth, thick mixture, leave it aside to cool slightly.
To make the chocolate swirls:
- Put the chocolate, cream, butter and honey in a glass bowl and place over a pan of water on the hob.
- Leave on a medium heat to melt down the ingredients, stir occasionally to bind the ingredients.
- When you have a smooth mixture, take off the heat and leave to cool slightly
To make the cheesecake:
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the mascarpone and cream cheese.
- Once they are mixed well, slowly fold in the mocha caramel. Combine the ingredients together until you have a smooth and even mixture.
- When the mixture is mixed well enough, scoop it on top of the biscuits base and smooth out until you have a flat surface.
- Now time for the chocolate! Use a spoon to slowly drip the chocolate mixture over the top of the cheesecake. Then, slowly drag the other end of the spoon through the mixture to create a marbling effect.
- When the cake is thoroughly marbled, cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge. Let it set for at least 3 hours. If it’s not set, put it in the freezer for an hour.
- Remove from the fridge and check that the sides are solid, then remove from the cake tin and tuck in!!
And there you have it!! Chocolate Mocha Caramel No-Bake Cheesecake!!
Work that Hob and Walk Unafraid people!!